Software person in the Bay Area. I moved out here in 2014 after living in Blacksburg, Virginia for five years, which I had moved to after finishing up grad school at Penn State.
In my spare time I backpack, read, and program. A favorite personal project is to write programs that play chess and I’ve written two so far: one in C++ and one in Golang. Over the last year I’ve been trying to learn more abstract algebra and number theory.
Recent Blog Articles
Books I’ve Read This Year (2018)
- Misquoting Jesus, Bart D. Ehrman
- Dune Messiah, Frank Herbert
- Dune, Frank Herbert
- The Dispossessed, Ursula Le Guin
- The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula Le Guin
- A Distant Mirror, Barbara Tuchman
- Why The West Rules For Now, Ian Morris